1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

ReaditBuyit.com - Feedback and Suggestions

I am looking for some feedback for my new website, even though it is almost complete I am always eyes and ears for suggestions.

http://www.readitbuyit.com

It will be a review website for anything and everything; products, software, companies and websites. If you have any suggestions regarding what information we should post, how things should look, features you would like to see, etc. feel free to opt in.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

In my opinion information about reviews is very hard to see, it msut be wider. Because now I can see just advertisements, not website content...
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Alright, I will take that into account, I can probably take another 50px off the right side to put into there, ehh I'll figure it out but thanks.
  7. No Profile Picture

I agree that the reviews are hard to see. They aren't a very obvious. Also, the tabs don't look like they really belong the content. The top header seems very detached from the main content and (coupled with the footer) give a claustraphobic feeling to the main area.

A pretty long stretch if you don't see the same as me, but that's the impression I got.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

My first impression was: "meh"

The graphic design is so-so, like you bought a generic template. As a generic visitor, I have no idea (based on my first glance) what your site is supposed to be for.

If you're going to have banner ads at the top, you should center it. It looks weird being right-justified.

The "companies" link takes me to a broken page. Same with "products".

Overall the site just looks unpolished. I think you have a good concept but there's too many details missing.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

i agree... it's not really clear what the site is for... from the title i assumed book reviews. As a user i get the impression that this site exists solely to serve ad's. You definately need an intro and a bit about the site. Having looked through the sitei still don't know what it is!
    eddie.
    p.s. having a site with broken links is doing your pagerank no good at all.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo