July 26th, 2009, 07:05 AM
Just working on a small webpage for a boxing gym im apart of. What could I do to make it a bit more intresting.
Most of the content is missing as of now by the way this is just a framework to work off
July 26th, 2009, 08:06 AM
The design leaves a lot to be desired, but here are some pointers:
- Your page doesn't validate: http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht...Inline&group=0
- Change the title of the page (having "Untitled Document" is very unprofessional)
- The color scheme isn't really impressive, try checking out popular color schemes on Colour Lovers for inspiration.
- The use of the small boxing gloves was quite clever, but the rest of the page is just a single color. Maybe some more minor details could work.
- Try using a sans-serif font instead of relying on the default font.
September 8th, 2009, 07:47 AM
agreed... needs some dazzle added ;-)
Create, Inspire & enjoy
September 8th, 2009, 11:51 AM
Yes, some razzle dazzle.
I think it would be cool if you put up profile pages of some of your fighters with their boxing strengths and weaknesses.
September 8th, 2009, 05:03 PM
yeah I like that idea about profile pages. Gives a good reason for people to return I guess if they are kept up to date
Create, Inspire & enjoy
September 14th, 2009, 09:51 AM
what about a guestbook - something for the users to interact with.. there are loads on hotscripts.com. Somwhere for people to wish you luck... or taunt you!! the easiest ones to install are ones based on flat files and not databases (cheaper to host too). i have one knocking about on my home pc that i can verify works... let me know if you want it and i will dig out the link.
and yes... could definately do with jazzing up a bit... like the boxing gloves!!
September 16th, 2009, 02:10 AM
In the "Who we are" page, the last few links go below the red portion - at least in Google Chrome
September 16th, 2009, 03:07 AM
September 16th, 2009, 10:26 AM
Opera gives a correct website =)
What i would do is, make the menu something with rollovers
- If you don't know how : http://www.pixelmill.com/support/support_article.aspx?ArticleID=kb101543 this is a css rollover method - For the rest, it's a decent site . The color scheme is pretty good, so i'd keep that .
September 22nd, 2009, 10:51 PM
Try using a free web template, usually they look very good and only takes little time to implement.