Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Thumbs up Http://www.blingboutiqueonline.com

http://www.blingboutiqueonline.com
    Constructive criticisms please. I just did the theme/install. My client is uploading all the content himself.
    Incidentally, how much should i be charging for this? Please PM me if you dont want to put prices up. Thanks.
  3. Contributing User

I'm not a fan of the repeating background image. It's not a very modern way of dealing with the background. Also, the latest news box inside of the "Welcome to Bling Boutique Online!!" is a bit hard to follow, and requires some thought to figure out - sort of like an optical illusion. .

Great work though
    No Overselling Guarantee
    Now Includes a Free Domain
    BLD Hosting - Web Hosting | Web Hosting Blog | Web Hosting Forum
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

thanks for the feedback.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

The background is a bit over the top, and for the title blingboutique (which I think is good) it looks a bit boring.
    I would use more and lighter colors then black.
    Probably if you would change the background into white I d like it better.

I do like the way you positioned your top banner and the page navigation on the top.
    Just my thoughts
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by dabomb_gent
    The background is a bit over the top, and for the title blingboutique (which I think is good) it looks a bit boring.
    I would use more and lighter colors then black.
    Probably if you would change the background into white I d like it better.

I do like the way you positioned your top banner and the page navigation on the top.
    Just my thoughts
    OK well thanks for the feedback. The background has been played with and that is what the client liked. I do agree that it would probably look better a bit less harsh... I will see if i can turn him around!
  11. No Profile Picture

It's okay, nothing groundbreaking, but it's not terrible.

The color scheme is very black and white. It just doesn't excite me. I have to agree that background is distracting, but I can understand why the client would want it.
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by Tin
    It's okay, nothing groundbreaking, but it's not terrible.

The color scheme is very black and white. It just doesn't excite me. I have to agree that background is distracting, but I can understand why the client would want it.
    I am getting some graphics made for a flash animation/banner to go on the site. I will report back when that is installed.
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I have added the barcode which shows the current date. (A reminder of how long till payday!!)

I have also added the add this button. This is mainly for admin use but might be picked up by customers eventually.

You will notice the menu has changed. this is becuse i re did the site on the .co.uk domain. There was trouble with the old host.

These addidtions have been fully tested for browser compatability. See Here .

Any comments??
  17. No Profile Picture

I like the colours in the rotating banner that you have, but dont like the black and white look of everything else, maybe introduce some more colour?
  19. No Profile Picture

Hello,

Here's my thoughts/suggestions:
    * Currently, your background isn't nice. The color is dry. I'd prefer the old background with logo, but make it transparent (maybe 10 to 20 percent transparency).
    * Remove About Us and Contact Us tab on top, place it on footer. You have About Us on footer already, so just add the Contact Us link there too.
    * Place "Welcome Guest [Login | Register]" above Search for option. Then move the slide show images a little bit on top and horizontally aligned it with "Welcome Guest [Login | Register]".
    * Do not put the "Latest News.... and Coming Soon" content in a text area. It should be in a paragraph so that users doesn't need to scroll it.
    * And lastly, your Registration page isn't displaying properly. Input fields went out the margin.

That's all. Hope it helps
  21. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

To update. Here is the site as it stands now. Bling Boutique

I have added fb like buttons to all the products etc.. which seem to be going OK. Also a custom clothing bit with a php image gallery from Dynamic Drive (link to script)
    I can reccomend that script actually, once it is in place you just drop extra images in the folder/server and they show up. Anyway, that part is here: link

Just looking for some feedback on my updates. You can see as it was before in the previous image.
    Thanks.
  23. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

It is very nice professional done.
    Why don't you ad like google adsense to make a little extra money.
  25. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Thanks! I did consider adsense but i don't want to 'lower the tone' if you know what i mean. adsense is all over the place and it can look ugly and cheap. I do have ads on there, they are affiliate ads so there is still potential for some extra cash once my client decides to pay his licence and I can get stuck in building traffic.
  27. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Did u check out the new link?
  29. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

It already looks a lot better. what I would change is the quality of the product pictures, and maybe make the size of the thumbnails bigger. Use a real person/model to show the clothing for your product pictures.
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo