1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

New Design, I Don't Feel Trustworthy... :(

I'm creating this web site to sell a legitimate cook book but I don't feel the authenticity radiating from my web site. Does anybody have any criticism? I don't believe in bad criticism.

http://goodeats.agentlistingwebsites.com
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by Jancarius
    I'm creating this web site to sell a legitimate cook book but I don't feel the authenticity radiating from my web site. Does anybody have any criticism? I don't believe in bad criticism.

http://goodeats.agentlistingwebsites.com
    To be honest the sites design looks very dated. Also, this information must surely be available for free out there somwhere. (a qucik search just brought up a lot of results.) I would be suprised if anybody bought this. People are getting more savvy now. Not sure what else to say. I dont want to discourage you but i think you need to come a bit more up to date. Maybe look in to dropshipping etc... If you are stuck for ideas just copy something.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Thank you very much for your blunt and honest response, I understand precisely what you mean. Bursted my bubble. Probably be looking into Kindle & other mediums. Thank you again!
  7. No Profile Picture

I have to say your website looks like not so professional. You should design a good logo for your website and make effort in designing the overall layout.
  9. No Profile Picture

The site looks really really bare. Add at least 1 design element. This could be an icon, borders around the images, color change on rollover links, anything. It looks like an empty cupboard now. Reflect your product. Bring some of that homely feel into your design. Make it feel like a kitchen, a place where people would want to stay.

And if you are going to have empty pages be sure to put some text there inviting the user to come back later for the content. Right now (at least in Chrome) there is nothing coming up for your Reader reviews, link to savings and about us pages.
  11. No Profile Picture

hehe, maybe i am late cuz the site dont live
  13. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Jancarius
    Thank you very much for your blunt and honest response, I understand precisely what you mean. Bursted my bubble. Probably be looking into Kindle & other mediums. Thank you again!
    Definitely came too late too. You took this comment really to heart :-) Well let us know when you need help next time. I will go gently.
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

it looks nice
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I guess you pulled it down but one thing about criticism...it's always nice to have good criticism but you can really learn from bad criticism. Hope all works out for ya!

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo