1. User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Post Wordpress Plugin needs testing please

Hi All,
    This isn't really a website but I've just created a wordpress plugin and if anybody can I'd really appreciate it if they could look at it and well me what they think. I'm bothered about the design because users can completely change it, I just wondered if it's secure and works on other systems.

The plugin is a commenting system, users simply add one line of code in their theme file where they want it to show and it does the rest. It integrated with the current wordpress comment system and allows for more customisation. The PHP and CSS source code is completely documented so users can change the layout and function as they wish.

I'm most concerned about security as it's publicly available so anyone can see the source code hence security is a serious issue there.

Thanks in advance,
    Sephers.
    Last edited by sephers181; July 14th, 2011 at 02:33 AM.
  3. User

I have now uploaded the file to the wordpress plugin depository

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/simplecomments/
    Last edited by sephers181; July 15th, 2011 at 05:54 PM.
  5. No Profile Picture

Did you get any feedback on this?
  7. User

Absolutely none. I have it setup to send me emails and they were always blank. I figured that people kept clicking send instead of submit on the settings page (the feedback form was on the bottom so people probably just scrolled to the bottom and clicked the button. Instead of the save settings button midway down the page).
  9. No Profile Picture
    Online Strategist

I think you will get a lot more people trying this if you made the link clickable in the post. I did have a look at it, maybe you could add a few screenshots so people can get an idea about what they can expect.
    Also if the user has modify files etc. to use the plugin I think it greatly reduces the chances of people trying it.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo