Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Would like some feedback

Hi,
    This site has been on for years, and changed many times,
    I am not a designer, I consider myself more a programmer, however do both.
    I know you will critic the Comic Sanz used on the title, and the animated plane. If you dont like it, mention it shortly as I know no designer likes it, but please that is not the only and most important thing.
    Hope you are constructive, thanks.
    The site is http://www.marbellasunrentals.com
    Thanks in advance,
    Helena
  3. No Profile Picture

To be quite honest, the site looks really good. It's easy to navigate and use and I don't mind the airplane going around -- being a pilot though I'm a bit biased

I like that you have online help and a quick search function that shows on every page.

I'm really not sure what critique I can give you as it seems the site fits it's purpose and looks nice.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by dotfrag
    To be quite honest, the site looks really good. It's easy to navigate and use and I don't mind the airplane going around -- being a pilot though I'm a bit biased

I like that you have online help and a quick search function that shows on every page.

I'm really not sure what critique I can give you as it seems the site fits it's purpose and looks nice.
    I agree.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Thanks both, I expected rutten eggs, or tomatoes, in particular regarding the comic sanz I use.
    Btw, I am doing I think an improvement.
    If you compare this old page:
    http://www.marbellasunrentals.com/casa_blanca_4_villa_marbella.htm
    As you can see some photos on the page, and rest on another page.
    I just added this slideshow wich will (not finished yet with all photos) show all photos on first page, and all photos on a second page for those that dont like the slideshow:
    http://www.marbellasunrentals.com/test_slideshow.htm
    Let me know what you think about it, it is an improvement?
    Any suggestions etc.
    Thanks all.
    Helen
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Slideshow looks awesome. As the other person said, and what I agreed with, the site is really well organized, easy to navigate and easy on the eyes

Question for you -- what rental software does your company use? I ask only because I'm a programmer for a rental software company here in the United States.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by rave41799
    Slideshow looks awesome. As the other person said, and what I agreed with, the site is really well organized, easy to navigate and easy on the eyes

Question for you -- what rental software does your company use? I ask only because I'm a programmer for a rental software company here in the United States.
    No software at all as I started 10 years ago without knowledges, autolearnt, and honestly first years looked horrible, so all pages are handmade with some includes to the database, dont want any software, prefers personally done, maybe I will do a content manager to get the properties pages from database, however dont want to change name of them as some been in google for 10 years.

Honestly I expected some would say it dont look good in a big screen as there are no border around it, to me it looks ok in my 15 laptop, but on a big screen I dont like it.
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Site looks very nice . and slide show is very good.
  15. CSS & JS/DOM Adept
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Does the scrolling text animate smoothly for you? It doesn't here, so it's even more annoying than it otherwise would be. I would suggest removing it or providing a way to stop it by clicking something instead of just moving the mouse cursor over it.

The second thing I'd like to point out is that the drop-down menu is unusable for anyone using a smart-phone or tablet computer. It's good that you have a sitemap, but it's not good to force many of your site's visitors to use it. Also it's very strange that 3 of the drop-down menus have a single link in them. It would be much better to remove those 3 drop-downs and make the parent item simply be a link. Ideally, all of the items in the menus would be links, not just the items that don't have any others below them in the hierarchy.

Thirdly, it's also strange that we can scroll beyond the footer. That's caused by "div#derecha" and "#leftindex" having "height:100%".

P.S. I don't come to the Website Critiques forum very often, hence why I didn't comment on your design previously here.
    Last edited by Kravvitz; December 19th, 2011 at 05:20 AM.
    Spreading knowledge, one newbie at a time.

Check out my blog. | Learn CSS. | PHP includes | X/HTML Validator | CSS validator | Common CSS Mistakes | Common JS Mistakes

Remember people spend most of their time on other people's sites (so don't violate web design conventions).
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by Kravvitz
    Does the scrolling text animate smoothly for you? It doesn't here, so it's even more annoying than it otherwise would be. I would suggest removing it or providing a way to stop it by clicking something instead of just moving the mouse cursor over it.

The second thing I'd like to point out is that the drop-down menu is unusable for anyone using a smart-phone or tablet computer. It's good that you have a sitemap, but it's not good to force many of your site's visitors to use it. Also it's very strange that 3 of the drop-down menus have a single link in them. It would be much better to remove those 3 drop-downs and make the parent item simply be a link. Ideally, all of the items in the menus would be links, not just the items that don't have any others below them in the hierarchy.

Thirdly, it's also strange that we can scroll beyond the footer. That's caused by "div#derecha" and "#leftindex" having "height:100%".

P.S. I don't come to the Website Critiques forum very often, hence why I didn't comment on your design previously here.
    Hi Kravits,
    Sorry, as so much time passed just saw your post.
    Wow, thanks for the height thing, as the site been redisegned I had that error but only in some browsers and didnt manage to fix that it worked in all browswers.
    Talking away the 100% it works in all broswers excep tin guess what....ie of course. (Updated css not uploaded as Im changing host, will be in a couple of days).

Regarding the menu this is something that worried me as I dont have any smartphone, I even posted it and been told if I dont use css 3 etc I wouldn´t have any problem.
    Honestly dont know what to do with it,
    do you think its possible to have both on hover and on click?
    Last edited by helenp; January 30th, 2012 at 05:31 AM.
  19. No Profile Picture

Wink

I thought you or (whomever) did a good job.
    I only has 2 validation errors. That's really good.

Is it still making you (or the site owner) money? at the end of the day that's what really matters.

Suggestion: Make a Header and Footer which extend all the way from right to left. Header min 150px tall, and the Footer no less than 100px tall. This will help occupy some of the Vacant air space feeling. Seems to have a naked and lonely kind of feel to it on my 1920x1080 resolution.
    Perhaps a backdrop of the actual sign at the physical location reading "Marbelllas Sun Rentals" that would be really nice. Don't over do it though, drop the opacity so it isn't the focal point of the site.
    Last thing, maybe a quick shoutbox or something where you can quickly answer questions in a real time environment. Php can do this easily. You will have to set something up which alerts you when someone has added something. The usual security precautions will apply, but it will definitly make it more interactive.
    Good luck.
  21. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by LinuxOwner
    I thought you or (whomever) did a good job.
    I only has 2 validation errors. That's really good.

Is it still making you (or the site owner) money? at the end of the day that's what really matters.

Suggestion: Make a Header and Footer which extend all the way from right to left. Header min 150px tall, and the Footer no less than 100px tall. This will help occupy some of the Vacant air space feeling. Seems to have a naked and lonely kind of feel to it on my 1920x1080 resolution.
    Perhaps a backdrop of the actual sign at the physical location reading "Marbelllas Sun Rentals" that would be really nice. Don't over do it though, drop the opacity so it isn't the focal point of the site.
    Last thing, maybe a quick shoutbox or something where you can quickly answer questions in a real time environment. Php can do this easily. You will have to set something up which alerts you when someone has added something. The usual security precautions will apply, but it will definitly make it more interactive.
    Good luck.
    You scared me, 2 validation errors,..thought had 0, actually those 2 errors are commets for the livehelp I had to remove due to resource problem with the host, so I am actually waiting to move to another host, that answered your last suggestion

I do know the site looks awful in a big resolution, the header and the footer thing not sure will look good, however will try. I imagine most site looks lonely in such a big reslution, dont understand what you are saying about the title.
  23. No Profile Picture

here you can see it.

http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj572/LinuxOwner/example.png

See what I mean? No matter what Res, the header and Footer stretch across taking up empty space.
  25. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

here you can see it.

http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj572/LinuxOwner/example.png

See what I mean? No matter what Res, the header and Footer stretch across taking up empty space.

Hmm, thanks, the footer is ok, not sure I like the header, maybe due to the bottom border you added.
    will give it a try. Many thanks
  27. No Profile Picture

Its ok.

You dont have to like it. It was just merely an idea to help take up some of that vacant real estate. You can make the Header and Footer however you like.
    The point was to simply show the Height and width of both which would be used to occupy space.

Good Luck
  29. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Its ok.

You dont have to like it. It was just merely an idea to help take up some of that vacant real estate. You can make the Header and Footer however you like.
    The point was to simply show the Height and width of both which would be used to occupy space.

Good Luck

Yeah, its a good idea,
    looks like msn have something similar:
    http://www.msn.com/?st=1
    I will do tests
    Thanks
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo