1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Lightbulb Listing design problems

Visit the CUPFA Web Site (http://www.cupfa.org/). I want to know iif there is any design problems , if any, and corresponding suggestions to improve them.

NOTES
    Note that the design problems/solutions outlined should focus on DESIGN, not on anything else. For example, that somebody's name is spelt incorrectly is not a design flaw, but if there is a place reserved for a name and the name itself is missing or misplaced in some places, that is a design oversight.

There is no pre-determined number of how many design problems need to be listed but it is obvious that the more the merrier. Any functional issues (for example, problems with navigation), syntactical problems (for example, incorrect markup), interface issues, poor architecture, ... all qualify as design problems.

I will thank you if you critices this website
  3. Contributing User

WinXP, IE6.0, NS7.1, Opera7.0, 1152 x 864

I am reviewing English version, since I don't know French.

1. Three images are missing; two right under the navigation bar and one between the left side navigation bar and the main text.

2. Though I think the top navigation bar is pretty creative, roll over effect that only works on texts is not something I expected. I think roll over on the entire square box would work better.

3. Texts are pretty small. I think it better to enlarge the size of texts and/or use different font.

3.2. Texts on the left navigation bar do not look right; the size, the spacing ... I think there is some room for improvement.
  5. Junior Member

the design is very nice, simple and clever, spceially for a university, its very good....i like it very much.....

the top bar is good....i feel still there is a need to think on bar when you cheeose an inner option like rights and benefits, and that color stands out, i dont feel good with the empty white triangle on the top left of the bar...maybe could be filled, or have a very thin line covering all of the width to left and right in top....to bold more the color of that selection.....with that white triangle there is a discontinuity bitween bars....specially in top........well that is what i think......
    some pics are missing in the pages, i suggest for an overal check for the images used in pages....(like pixel.gif in reaching us page and t-equity.gif in news page)

i didnt like the green over for texts writen on yellow background...
    for the topbar......for last part, which is null and has no links, maybe using red color is not that good, a grey or nul color might be more approperiate....what about change the grey for news, with that red at the right end?

I think the text size is good.....

in rights and benefits, the list of links in the bottom, are wraped...i think its better to break them by designer, so that it wont happen for a link to have half in one line and another half in next line......(what happens on my view with 1024x768)

in top bar, i dont like the change in background color into green, for overs......maybe just changing the font colors will work better.

its a good idea to control the copy right to apear in the bottom of each page, not floating accroding to the content of page....

generaly, my notes are minor things.....i liked the design very much, its very clean and clever......there is always lots of things to be checked and tested, but the project needs to be finalized some time.........

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo