1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Alternative to Craigslist... Looking for feedback / First Impressions

Hey Guys,

A partner and I recently performed a 'soft' launch of our website, TradeAtmosphere.

Short summary of the site:

TradeAtmosphere's objective is to provide a new safer and smarter alternative to your convential classifeds by adding an additional layer of protection via our feedback system, verified system, and other methods. TradeAtmosphere's goal is to protect our buyers & sellers personal information from spammers and scams while providing an easy-to-use (and FREE) way to buy, sell, and list your services online to other locals.
    We've had a large volume of visitors come in during our initial launch, and have had a successful number of sign ups. However, we still feel that we could reach a higher potential if we could gain some insight from a 3rd perspective of what their initial thoughts on the site are, and whether or not they'd be willing to sign up.

If you are willing to sign up - that's great! If you don't sign up, or don't feel its worth your time, could you please explain your reasoning? IE: Not enough listings, didn't like the slogan, couldn't understand the purpose, etc.

Thanks guys for your time.

PS: If your not from the states and would like to view the website, you can use the zipcode '90001' to view the site.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Online Strategist

I think you have a major issue with white space. I know white space is kind of popular these days but having too much of it can be distracting. I would go for a more compact listing where price is close to the titles etc so it is instantly noticeable. Something similar can be done for the header as well.
    I suggest you add a drop down for category list in the search box. Chances are people will make mistakes in typing and people are lazy to type as well. Minimize the chances of something going wrong.
    Why do you have so many fields in the register form. When people have to fill in lots of detail the sign up percentage goes down. Maybe you need it for better targeting but it's always a good idea to get the signed up and then asking them to fill the details.

Comments on this post

• ronnyroll agrees
  5. guru
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Looks OK!

I didnt like the US map when first visiting the site (when i had no region set) That looked very grainy!

As for the white space I have to agree. Although the site is functional and pretty easy to use for my personal taste its lacking some finese and bulk to the site.

The listing pages are confusing!
    Create, Inspire & enjoy
  7. No Profile Picture

what is different

what is so different about your website, it looks very similar to other directories. also recently noted is the fact that directory listing is not working out?
  9. No Profile Picture

the " You are here: Home Page " and social sharing options need to be up in the header, with the rest of the "widgets". i would also add more vertical padding to the left-side menus for usability.
  11. No Profile Picture

checked it. the site has restricted access for any one outside US
  13. No Profile Picture

Restricted access
  15. No Profile Picture

Looks cool at the first browse. But Browsing here in the Philippines make sense due to distance restriction i guess. Plus, white spaces really come out extensively.
    And my worry is, as for User POV, the long lines for the list (plus sub list) can make user fed up of scrolling down.
    But still, you can work on this. This is only suggestions.

Thanks a lot!
  17. Registered User

I don't like the logo, too white, and the zip code in the beginning is not good. What if you don't know the zip code and just want to search a city?

I do like the font color and layout.

Good luck!

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo