Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Please review Eyecandestudio

as my topic title says, please review My Site TY.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Just a few rough observation, take hem as you please.

1) The first 3 menu entrys are quite hard to read, perhaps a darker background on the menu would help
    2) i don't like the drop shadow, how about using a 1px black border instead?
    3) I'd remove (or tweak down the brightness of) the bright white 'spot lights' on the news section's background, it again create unreable text
    4) The IFrame start moving around when we increase the text size (In mozilla firebird), it goes beyond the main frame area as well.

That's about it.. it does look nice tho..
  5. No Profile Picture

TY Newton I`ll look at what you`ve said and see what I can do about it.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

That's a very, very nice design. I like it just the way it is...and it's very simple to navigate. Good tutorials too.
  9. No Profile Picture

Sinse newtons comments above I`ve changed the viewer, I`ve now placed a tinted red "shaped" into the background, it looks much better now and has toned the brightness down too. Hey JHouse, TY.
  11. |<.+#f@#+.&.|
    Devshed Loyal (3000 - 3499 posts)

its a bit hard to read the text,
    both on the menu, and in the viewer.

little more contrast would have been good.
    and you should avoid red on grey.

your menu pictures aslo lacs description in the alt text, would be useless for people with image turn off etc.
    remember search engine give lower rank for sites that lacks alt text, espesially when used in menues.
  13. No Profile Picture

TY Akh, a few people have mentioned the menu area and I will see what I can do about this, as for the viewer, it`s very clear for me and I`m on a laptop. The red and grey seem to work well IMHO and I`ll stick with it, but thanks for saying, as for the menu pictures, I will place text soon but to be honest if anyone visiting my site knowing it`s a graphics site, has image turned off...well!...say no more, I`m not bothered regarding search engines, as may of noticed I`ve not even placed a meta tag in there for keywords, it`s more of a portfolio site, with a forum. TY.
  15. |<.+#f@#+.&.|

remember even if people can see the pictures,
    they might not have the same eye sight as you.
    http://tech.shu.edu/webdev/accessibility/colorblind.htm

as the red text on grey, it a bit distressing for me to watch., would be better with a red color which is little bit
    brighter, so the contrast is more distinct .

search engines like google usually just ignore meta tags, but not missing alt texts.
  17. No Profile Picture

My site is based around graphics and photoshop, hence anyone coming to my site would be aware in most cases of this and thus would have good enough eyes sight, taking into account they too are wanting to or are working with photoshop.

As for the red on grey text, I was trying to keep the feel of the site within and not go over board with colour changes, again I will now address this and see what I can come up with.

I`m adding the alt texts as we speak and they should now be active.

Again TY Akh, I need both good and bad input.
  19. |<.+#f@#+.&.|

no problem
    just trying to make you aware of this. as a good designer should be.

a good way to check if you have enough contrast is to take a screen shot of the page, then greyscale it.
  21. Second highest poster :p
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Under Mozilla the background on the text section doesnt line up.
    - Andreas Koepke

Koepke Photography

23. No Profile Picture

Ty a., I`ve just been told about scolling div, so I`m going to look into this now.

Ty for the screen shot.
  25. Junior Member

its a good looking site....the design is clean....but i have some points....you may or maynot consider.....

the word "Viewer" is not clear enough....i suggest some changes in it to make it more readable.....
    I think for every design, you should have a target resolution and window size....that is, what r u designing for? in my pc, (1024x768, 15") i have some blank areas in left and right as well as some parts (link exchange, etc....) in lower part, that i could not see them (mainly because the scroll bar was made black!)
    there is one more thing to be decided....what is this site about? i loved it as a nice site.....but if you are going to present some art works......its different from putting some tutorials......at least you have to have some simpler pages inside you rsite to show the tutorials......the viewer area is just good for something like about (i loved your son), and so on....not for gallery for example.....

I think design should say what is the site about.....in your site, which is very nice.....the design tells me that its about some photography and photos.....not tutorials, or....

again, i love it......its nice......
  27. No Profile Picture

its a good looking site....the design is clean....but i have some points....you may or maynot consider.....

the word "Viewer" is not clear enough....i suggest some changes in it to make it more readable.....

I could make it abit clearer, but IMHO, it`s not something that needs pulling out, it marks the viewer as a viewer, what I didn`t want is to make it stand out to much, it`s a side line if you follow me, hard to explain, I will bring it up alittle though.

I think for every design, you should have a target resolution and window size....that is, what r u designing for? in my pc, (1024x768, 15") i have some blank areas in left and right as well as some parts (link exchange, etc....) in lower part, that i could not see them (mainly because the scroll bar was made black!)

I have no real target, it`s more of a personel site, with my gallery, which in time when it grows, will be made into a much better looking gallery, here again regarding resolution and window size, alot of sites place "best viewed" and so on, I`m not a sheep and think if a visitor can view my site, be it on a 800 x 600 or higher, thats enough.

there is one more thing to be decided....what is this site about? i loved it as a nice site.....but if you are going to present some art works......its different from putting some tutorials......at least you have to have some simpler pages inside you rsite to show the tutorials......the viewer area is just good for something like about (i loved your son), and so on....not for gallery for example.....

Please bare in mind after hours of work, my site started off as a somewhere to show my work, and has grown agreat deal sinse, hes very cute ty.

I think design should say what is the site about.....in your site, which is very nice.....the design tells me that its about some photography and photos.....not tutorials, or....

Any content thats on site other than my gallery is a added benifit and nothing more.

again, i love it......its nice......

TY for your comments.
  29. No Profile Picture

Killa site dude. Great job onthe grafx and the layout. You have a gift.
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo