1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Comments anyone???

Hello all,

Can I ask the board what they think of this website, http://www.codecartel.com . The site is broken down into several parts
    1. main site (corporate website consisting of projects, free code, general information, etc),
    2. Open Forum (message board)
    3. Shop (Tshirts on sale now, plan on expanding to other things relating to computer development)
    4. Developer's Studio (project launch is early 2004. It will consist of subjects dedicated graphic design such has wallpapers, and flash animation series dedicated in promoting unix variant operating systems (such as linux and bsd)
    5. Rajan Experiment (a satirical look at a corporation with no business plan which takes offer other comical companies)
    6. Personal Website (haven't released this link yet)

I want to know if you LOVE it, or you want to KILL the developer and if this is a kind of site you would visit regulary (assuming its updated regularly). If there's any questions, I am happy to answer. Thanks alot.
  3. Second highest poster :p
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Main Site & Shop:

1. The text in the middle looks quite cluttered and messy. There is no formatting of the text.
    2. The header filling 100% while the main content table doesnt gives it a very unbalanced look.
    3. There is not much room around the navigation links adding to the cluttered feel.

Forum:

1. The viewing of the threads looks very cluttered, especially since you have the message and who it was posted by all on the same line. In general the layout looks really messy.

Due to the general look of it its not a site I would enjoy visiting each day.
  5. Banned (not really)

#2: "forum" is vulnerable to cross site scripting attacks.

#5: Looks absolutely horrible in Mozilla.

I don't see any reason to revisit the site.

---John Holmes...
    -- Cigars, whiskey and wild, wild women. --
  7. HTML/CSS/Photoshop maven

It has a very dull look, plus what the other people said.

I don't know why anybody would make a site using nothing but shades of gray... BORING!
  9. No Profile Picture

Overall:

not bad.

Positives:
    I think rajanX is hilarious. lol. I am using Mozilla as well and everything looks fine. I like the overall content. Normally I am not a big fan of gray but I think your main site is neat. I love the monky :-)

negatives:
    I think the forum needs work. Why not just use phpBB or Invision Board, since there free and easy to use. I don't think you need to worry you need to worry too much about cross site scripting. I think instant messaging, message boards, email messages are all vunerable to these types of attacts, you just need to moderate it and remember to know exactly what your clicking on. Correct me if i am wrong about this.

If you continue to build up your site, I can see myself visiting again.
  11. Banned (not really)

Originally posted by AspAcura
    I don't think you need to worry too much about cross site scripting. I think instant messaging, message boards, email messages are all vunerable to these types of attacts, you just need to moderate it and remember to know exactly what your clicking on. Correct me if i am wrong about this.
    Okay... you're wrong.

Any application can be made invulnerable to cross site scripting rather simply by filtering user input and using htmlentities() or strip_tags() correctly.

It's true that cross site scripting may not end the world if it's used against him on this site (so long as you don't mind the gay pics popping up), but it's not something to get in the habit of taking lightly, especially as you start designing sites for clients.

---John Holmes...
    -- Cigars, whiskey and wild, wild women. --

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo