1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I am getting an error when i am trying to open my oracle vm virtual box

I am getting an error when i am trying to open my oracle vm virtual box

The error is as follows

Runtime error opening 'C:\Users\S Pavan Kumar Reddy\VirtualBox VMs\Windows\Windows.vbox' for reading: -102 (File not found.).
    E:\tinderbox\win-rel\src\VBox\Main\src-server\MachineImpl.cpp[724] (long __cdecl Machine::registeredInit(void)).
    Result Code:
    E_FAIL (0x80004005)
    Component:
    Machine
    Interface:
    IMachine {22781af3-1c96-4126-9edf-67a020e0e858}

So please anybody can help me to solve my problem or anybody can say how to back up the data present in my virtual box because my whole project is rest in that virtual box so please help me out to solve my problem
  3. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

The error seems pretty clear there, it can't find the file 'C:\Users\S Pavan Kumar Reddy\VirtualBox VMs\Windows\Windows.vbox'
    PHP FAQ

Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

E-Oreo

Error is clear but how to solve it can you tell me a safe way to resolve it because an important project rests in it. I want that data can you please tell me a way to get that data please
  7. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

To solve it you have to locate that file and move it to the given location.

The file wouldn't have moved by itself. If it was there originally then something must have moved it or deleted it. I can't tell you where it would be or how to find it.

That file is just a configuration file for the VM. If you cannot find it but can find the vdi disk image then you could rebuild the configuration file and still access the data.

If the disk image file is gone too, then you are out of luck.
    PHP FAQ

Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo