Thread: Burning CDs

1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Angry Burning CDs

Guys i downloaded that Windows media security patch and i just found out that you can't burn copy righted material after that.

Is there a way to reverse this.? I use Nero and earlier, i was trying to copy an ISO of linux redhat 7.3(disc copy) for a friend and the Damn thing failed . The error msg i got was "cannot copy copyrighted material.

first, the CD i was copying from was cd-r. Second i made this myself. What the hell..? I got curious and tried to burn a music cd and ****.... Am not able to make copies of CDs that i bought with my on money.

The more time i spend on windows, the more am hating it. I can now understand why so many people hate that mother****ing bill devil gates and his ****ing windows.

I know i should have read the freaking ender user agreement, but i thought i was doing good for my self.
    Anyway, any info on this will help thanks.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Rumor I heard recently

I recently heard a rumor that if you draw a black line around the edge of the CD or some such that it will not read as copyrighted, sorry I do not have any verification of this or any specifics, but check google for copying copywrited CD's sure there is more info on it out there.
  5. Contributing User
    Devshed Intermediate (1500 - 1999 posts)

The felt tip marker trick works for sony music cds that are made so that they wont play in a PC drive. Though you can easily record from external source via the Line In, so it wont harm serious copyright thefts but just the person who wants to make a compilation of music they own.

What you can do is copy all the files to your hard drive from the disk then make an iso image on your hard drive and burn that to CD-R. It should bypass copy protection.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo