1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Creating an Image for XP embedded

Hello everyone, I'm trying to boot windows xp embedded from a CF card. I used the utility tools that came with the free trial installation, these are: UFDPrep.exe, tap.exe, target designer etc etc to build an image, after setting my CF card slot to be the master on the first IDE bus and inserting my CF card. At first Windows seems like it's going to boot properly but after I obtain a black screen with the following:
    windows/system32/ _
    At this point the system waits a few minutes and reboots into the same cycle, I was wondering if anyone could give me a hint into where my issue lies.

thanks
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by raphaelriv
    Hello everyone, I'm trying to boot windows xp embedded from a CF card. I used the utility tools that came with the free trial installation, these are: UFDPrep.exe, tap.exe, target designer etc etc to build an image, after setting my CF card slot to be the master on the first IDE bus and inserting my CF card. At first Windows seems like it's going to boot properly but after I obtain a black screen with the following:
    windows/system32/ _
    At this point the system waits a few minutes and reboots into the same cycle, I was wondering if anyone could give me a hint into where my issue lies.

thanks
    I figured out I was missing some explorer components thus my system was booting into the comand shell, I'm using component designer to build an image. Now I'm building my third party drivers components and things are looking up.

Comments on this post

• AdamPI agrees : Thanks for coming back and posting your resolution!

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo