1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

DMA device listing

Is it possible to view a list of the devices that are currently tying up DMA channels? I need to clear up my PCI bus, but I have no idea what could be using the existing channels. Win98/XP OS.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed God 1st Plane (5500 - 5999 posts)

win 98: right click on "My Computer", select "Properties". go to the tab "Device Manager" (my translation ), select the top entry in the list "My Computer" or similar and then rclick, "Properties" again, select "DMA".

winXP: Start/Programs/Accessoirs/System Programs/System Information/Hardware Ressources/DMA

i think with pci cards itīs not possible to select the dma channel from windows though... but might be wrong. for my Matrox G100 i had to download an extra program from the matrox homepage.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Beautiful, thanks!

Yikes, my sound card is using two! Only three are available to the PCI bus, so no wonder I'm having problems. I'm trying to program buffered data I/O through a specialty pci card, and that's going to require more than one DMA channel (maybe all three). I think I'll have to set that card to 'disabled in this profile'. No more music@work.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo