1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

How can I get back my hard disk's size?

So, I was installing Ubuntu, I did the disk partition; after that, I was asked to choose the language and then it took about 7 hours to do nothing!
    Now, the only solution I could think of was rebooting my system from CPU, so I did.
    Now, my hard disk is of 1 TB. When I calculate, I am getting only 900 GB!

I have 3 volumes:
    C: 53.7 of 97.5 #OK
    D: 6.60 of 413 #NOT OK
    E: 19.4 of 390 #OK

I know this since I had them memorized somehow. Now, how can I get my 45-50 GB back?
    Also, if this matters, when I was parting my hard drives, I allocated 413 GB on one side and 32 GB on the other so I suppose that it took 32 GB for nothing. Now, how can I get it back?
    Thanks, in advance.
    http://postimg.org/image/xsl9u4muj/
    Last edited by Akshat1; August 24th, 2013 at 10:57 PM.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Requesting to close this thread.
    Reason: PROBLEM SOLVED!
    "You just need to expand your partition into whatever unused space is available. In windows you can type partition into the start menu and select the edit hard drive partitions option. Once it opens, right-click a partion next to any empty space and select expand and then choose to take up all of the extra space (i find the windows partiton editor often gives me grief, so you can do the same thing with the minitool partition editor which is available for free).
    In ubuntu, if you actually got it installed, you can install GParted by typing: 'sudo apt-get install gparted' into the terminal, enter you password, type y when prompted and when it has installed do basically the same thing with it. GParted is the most powerful of all of the options and will likely give the best results."

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo