1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Installing a Virtual Machine on Windows 7

I am trying to find a way to install a virtual machine on another operating system on my Windows 7 computer. Can any one give me any suggestions? I have to learn how to do it on Vmware.

Thank you,
    Diana
  3. They're coming to take me away

Originally Posted by dlmagers
    I am trying to find a way to install a virtual machine on another operating system on my Windows 7 computer. Can any one give me any suggestions? I have to learn how to do it on Vmware.

Thank you,
    Diana
    What do you mean you're trying to find a way? It seems as though you already know of VMWare... There are other types of programs such as Virtual PC... Not sure what your question is. Once you install the program (whichever program you decide on), there are wizards to help guide you through the process. What exactly are you wanting suggestions on?
    "I don't need to get a life. I'm a gamer. I have lots of lives!"
  5. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Virtualbox and Virtual PC are both a lot easier to install and use than VMWare.
    PHP FAQ

Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around
  7. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Windows Support

Actually virtual drive is the best option to install another operating system rather than dual booting your system because in dual booting case your system config can be mess up.If you install windows in your virtual drive you will get benefit of windows support as well as the benefit of other operating system.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo