1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Kernel-Power - Event ID 41 - Pls help

Kernel-Power - Event ID 41 - Pls help

Dear all

Recently I ve been experiencing this problem with Windows 7 Pro and also Ultimate both x86 and x64 respectively. My PC freezes and I have to reset it! This is the error from my event log:

Log Name: System
    Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
    Date: 24/10/2011 08:11:55
    Event ID: 41
    Task Category: (63)
    Level: Critical
    Keywords: (2)
    User: SYSTEM
    Computer: <concealed>
    Description:
    The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

Has anyone experienced it before? any solutions please?

Thanks
  3. Automagically Delicious
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

It might be a driver error somewhere. It's entirely possible that you're machine is locking up due to a video driver or something. The event you have listed there is caused by your hitting the power button, not by the system doing something itself.
    Adam TT
  5. They're coming to take me away

Is there anything you are doing when you notice the PC freezing? Loading a game, playing flash video in a browser, playing an mp3, etc... Or is it random even when the computer is idle?

If you can try to help narrow down when the freezes occur, it would help.

I agree with Adam... may be a driver issue... I've come across computers that freeze with bad sound or video cards... of course, there are other things that could cause it as well.

Are there any other events in event viewer prior to the one you listed? warnings and/or errors?
    "I don't need to get a life. I'm a gamer. I have lots of lives!"
  7. No Profile Picture
    Stumpier old Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

In addition, also do a thorough anti-malware check on your computer. And try running chkdsk, perhaps you have a bad disk sector.
    ======
    Doug G
    ======
    It is a truism of American politics that no man who can win an election deserves to. --Trevanian, from the novel Shibumi

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo