1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Microsoft Excel questions.

Just a couple of questions.

1. Say I have 2 columns, 1 column are countries like Argentina and Chile.
    And another column is words like organic or conventional.

How would I find words that are organic if and only the country column is Argentina?

(I know I can just Ctrl F, type in organic, and click find next over and over, but that will apply to finding the words organic for all countries. in the whole Excel sheet.).

2. Say there is a HTML table like this

Code:
    Word1      WordA
    Word2      WordB
    Word3      WordC
    Word4      WordD
    When I select and copy, and then in a blank Excel page, I select 2 columns, and then paste. When that happens, all the data goes into 1 column, even if I selected 2 columns. Is it possible to paste it into the highlighted columns?

3. This last question is more vague, it's on pivot tables.

On Excel we have 4 tabs, strawberry, raspberry, etc. Which have the data. Then, there are the tabs, StrawCondition, RaspCondition, etc., which have the pivot tables.

I click on the Data tab, and then click on Refresh All, and for the RaspCondition the data is updated.

However, when click on Refresh All for the StrawCondition tab, the pivot table relays an error message inside that says "Turn on the PivotTable Field List to work with the PivotChart."

What are some theories that causes it? Or can be done about it.

Thanks.
    Last edited by LostShadow; December 17th, 2014 at 07:37 PM.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Ans 1:
    select column containing organic etc and select filter from menu, filter on the bases of word "Organic".
    you'll have list of countries which are organic

Ans 2:
    while selecting the text, also select some extra spaces/lines before and after the table.
    paste this data first in notepad, deleted extra lines
    now copy it and paste in Excel

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo