1. No Profile Picture
    Brony & F/OSS Advocate
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Missing notepad.exe?

Everytime I try to do something with notepad, it opens the command interpreter window with title "c:\windows\system32\notepad.exe", then does nothing (windows still functions like normal), the only thing is that I have to do the "end task" thing or that window never goes away...

This just started a few days ago...I didn't install anything new, other than SP1...which notepad worked fine with for the first couple of days, then died.

Any ideas on how to fix this would be much appreciated.

Thanx!
    ~~ Peter ~~ :: ( Who am I? ) :: ( Peter's Musings: Uploading myself, bit by bit... ) :: ( Electronic Frontier Foundation ) :: ( I'm a GNU/Linux addict and Free Software Advocate. ) :: ( How to Ask Questions the Smart Way ) :: ( The Fedora Project, sponsored by Red Hat ) :: ( GNOME: The Free Software Desktop Project ) :: ( GnuPG Public Key ) :: ( About me on the WIki )
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Hey php4geek!

Scanned for virus' lately? AV up to date? Scanned for spyware/adware?

If clean:

Start > Run > sfc /scannow

Tom
  5. No Profile Picture
    Brony & F/OSS Advocate
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

I scanned it with the latest AVG and virus defintions (as of two days ago). Thanx for the sfc /scannow idea. The only spyware/adware found was some 'web savings from ebates' thing which it wouldn't let me delete. Any ideas onw how to delete? would that fix my problem w/ notepad?

Thanx for your help so far.
    ~~ Peter ~~ :: ( Who am I? ) :: ( Peter's Musings: Uploading myself, bit by bit... ) :: ( Electronic Frontier Foundation ) :: ( I'm a GNU/Linux addict and Free Software Advocate. ) :: ( How to Ask Questions the Smart Way ) :: ( The Fedora Project, sponsored by Red Hat ) :: ( GNOME: The Free Software Desktop Project ) :: ( GnuPG Public Key ) :: ( About me on the WIki )

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo