1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

MSSQL 2012 Express to SP1

Hello - I've been going round in circles trying to figure this one out
    I need to upgrade MSSQL 2012 Express (version 11.0.2100) to SP1 (11.0.3***).
    Microsoft site gives you a link to SP1, but its for new installations only!
    Anyone know where can I download the latest SP1 update for the Express version ?

Thanks
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

I assume this is what you already found? If so, have you tried using "Microsoft Update" (not to be confused with Windows Update) to find the SP?
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

if you click on the Install Instructions [on the link page that seack79 gave], it gives instructions for "Installation for existing users".

Installation for the Existing Users

If you have an existing installation of Express with Tools, SQL Server Management Studio Express, or Express with Advanced Services, and want to add the complete SQL Server Management Studio feature to your Express instance, do the following:

Step 1: Download the required Microsoft® SQL Server® 2012 Express SP1 file to update your current SQL Server 2012 Express installation by clicking the appropriate link earlier.

Step 2: Run the file, and follow the instructions in the setup wizard to install. On the Installation Type page, select Add features to an existing instance of SQL Server, and select the instance you would like to update.

Step 3: On the Feature Selection page, select the Management Tools – Complete check box, and then proceed to complete the installation.

Note: Microsoft® SQL Server® 2012 Express includes both 32-bit and 64-bit versions. SQLEXPR32_x86 is a smaller package that can be used to install SQL Server 2012 Express SP1 onto only 32-bit operating systems. SQLEXPR_x86 is the same product but supports installation onto both 32-bit and 64-bit (WoW) operating systems. SQLEXPR_x64 is a native 64-bit SQL Server 2012 Express SP1 and supports installation onto only 64-bit operating systems. There is no other difference between these packages. Microsoft® SQL Server® 2012 Express is not supported on IA64 systems.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo