1. They're coming to take me away

RDP Constant Discconection Issue

Wasn't sure if this was networking or Windows, so figured I'd start here.

I installed a new computer (win 7 pro) at a location. Old computer was XP pro. After installing the new computer, whenever I attempted to connect to an RDP connection at another location (win xp), the connection constantly keeps disconnecting and reconnecting.

After lots of frustration, I put the old computer back, and there were no issues.

I switched back to the new computer and switched out the motherboard twice (via Dell technician), and the issue persists.

Upon googling, I came across this:
    Go into the registry - HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server,

Create/edit the DWORD value KeepAliveEnable.
    Set it to 1.
    I did that, and still having issues with it disconnecting. Looking for other ideas as to why I'm having these issues.

Any help/input would be greatly appreciated. If you need further information, let me know.

Thanks in advance! (And move to Networking if it belongs there.)
    "I don't need to get a life. I'm a gamer. I have lots of lives!"
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Does the same thing happen in safe mode with networking? Is it conneccting to a local resource that you could try and de-select? Any particular error that comes up in the event logs?
  5. They're coming to take me away

Originally Posted by seack79
    Does the same thing happen in safe mode with networking? Is it conneccting to a local resource that you could try and de-select? Any particular error that comes up in the event logs?
    I will try the above and let you know. Thanks for the response.
    "I don't need to get a life. I'm a gamer. I have lots of lives!"

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo