1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Resetting Domain Administrator Password

I am stuck in a situation where I have to log onto an old test environment but have forgotten the domain administrator password as well as local administrator password.

I wonder if someone knows how to reset domain administrator password on Server 2008 R2 without having local admin password. I have looked it up online and have learned a couple different ways to attempt, I wonder if someone on this forum has had a luck with this? Any recommendations on particular tools?

Thank You.
  3. They're coming to take me away

Originally Posted by Eal
    I am stuck in a situation where I have to log onto an old test environment but have forgotten the domain administrator password as well as local administrator password.

I wonder if someone knows how to reset domain administrator password on Server 2008 R2 without having local admin password. I have looked it up online and have learned a couple different ways to attempt, I wonder if someone on this forum has had a luck with this? Any recommendations on particular tools?

Thank You.
    Not sure about domain admin password, but there are ways to remove local admin password. You can do a google search on it. I actually have a CD (Linux based), which does this for me when I pop it in, but I can't find a link to that tutorial anymore. If you can't find something that works, let me know and I can create an image of it for you to download and use. Has come in handy many times for clients of mine.

I did find a couple other ones, but they seem to be a lot more in depth than the one I use.
    "I don't need to get a life. I'm a gamer. I have lots of lives!"

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo