1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Angry Cannot get rid of Performersoft popup

OK here is the 1 million dollar question for super gurus only.

Hi, excuse the dramatic statement but this is really a bugger.A few months ago I had the stupid idea of installing PerformerSoft LLc,because my pc performance was not too good, so I thought that maybe I needed some update like drivers etc. When I realized that didn't need it,
    I uninstalled the software.After that every time I start the pc, I have to wait quite a long time until this blinking icon appears on my taskbar asking me if I want to install the software,I realized that something must have gone wrong during the removal so I figured to reinstall it again and after uninstall it.Usually works, not this time.If I click yes it won't do anything, if I click no I get another popup saying
    that to install the software I need admin privileges(does it make any sense?).I searched everywhere trying to find whatever is doing this, a leftover file or something,I
    could not find anything.Typing the name in the search box did not give me any clue. I searched with Windows explorer but found nothing and the thing kept popping up
    every time.The worst thing is that until I click no I don't want to install and OK on the second popup(admin privileges)I cannot get connected to the Internet which is
    very annoying.I contacted the company and they asked me to send some screen shots which I did after that never heard from them again, probably they don't know what to do themselves. I finally located the damned thing from dos: C:\ProgramData\InstallBrainService\ibsvc.e/UPDATER
    Great I said now I'll delete it.Ya right, access denied.I tried from the admin accountstill access denied, what can I do? Do I have to format the hard disk and reinstall the OS
    to get rid of it?I appreciate your help, thank you.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

I will assume since you get the {admin privileges} notice that you are running at least Windows Vista as your OS.
    Anytime you want to do anything inside your "Program Files" folder or "ProgramData" folder you will need to use "elevated privileges".
    In this case , you want to go to the StartOrb>>search box...and type in cmd..when it shows up in the main search results area, right click on its entry and choose "run as administrator". Click "Yes" in the UAC prompt to get it to open.

Now you should be able to delete the InstallBrainService folder [after you make sure the ibsvc.exe file is not running]..by issuing the command
    Code:
    del "C:\ProgramData\InstallBrainService\*"
  5. No Profile Picture

Performersoft LLC

Hi I finally got rid of it, I installed revo uninstaller and I was able to delete it.Thanks for your help anyway.
  7. No Profile Picture

cannot get rid of installer popup

Thanks form your help I finally got rid of it with Revo uninstaller, everything is POK now.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo