1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Switching applications in XP

I wonder if is possible to switch certain aplication in XP to anothers..

I have tried with the Alt+Tab method but it doesn´t work for a game i have, it is Heretic II, the only way i can do is by pressing Alt+Enter: this get the full screen game into a window but the mouse is still in the domain of the aplication, i need to wait a little of time in order to see the pointer mouse again.

The Alt+Tab method works perfectly for the rest of the programs but not for my game.

Anyone can help me?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

The game is controlling those keys and not passing them on to windows. There will be a setting in the game - somewhere - to release the key combination. Try making sure that the Alt and Tab keys are not ever assigned in the configuration for the game.

Alun Harford

PS. This isn't really a server app
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I have checked that already!

Indeed, the game has a variable that disable/enable the alt+tab combination for windows, but it doesnt work in XP, the previous version of windows work perfectly with the game but not XP.

The variable is enable, and it allows the use of Alt+Tab but WinXP not respond to the call. Windows98 / ME / 2000 works good.

so... dont know what to do..
  7. /(bb|[^b]{2})/

That means the game is not fully compatiable with XP. Contact the company that designed the game and see if they made a patch for XP to be compaint.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Oh, good point!

i tried with the compatibility wizard too, i set the options to exec the game like in Win98/ME, but it sux! I have never seen the compatibilty wizard working as it has to.

The game is 2 years old, so i thinks compatibility with XP is not the best. Thanks anyway!

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo