Thread: System Upgrade

1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

System Upgrade

Hello, I need your expertise in a project of mine that I have been giving the opportunity to direct. I recently got a job (fresh out of college) at an university in the IT department. We have a network of servers and desktop computers that were installed in 2000. The hardware consist of
    • 25 PowerPC Macintosh computers
    • 4 Dell Pentium servers
    • 160 desktop computers running on the AMD Duaron CPU
    • 25 desktop computers running on the Intel Core Duo CPU
    • 45 desktop computers running on the Pentium CPU

I need to find out an strategy to upgrade the servers on their network. Recommend on server hardware, CPU chip set, speed, and caching are needed as well. I need to find out what server I need to upgrade them to as well.

3. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by dlmagers
    Hello, I need your expertise in a project of mine that I have been giving the opportunity to direct. I recently got a job (fresh out of college) at an university in the IT department. We have a network of servers and desktop computers that were installed in 2000. The hardware consist of
    • 25 PowerPC Macintosh computers
    • 4 Dell Pentium servers
    • 160 desktop computers running on the AMD Duaron CPU
    • 25 desktop computers running on the Intel Core Duo CPU
    • 45 desktop computers running on the Pentium CPU

I need to find out an strategy to upgrade the servers on their network. Recommend on server hardware, CPU chip set, speed, and caching are needed as well. I need to find out what server I need to upgrade them to as well.

IN MY THINKING, YOU MAY UPGRADE YOUR SERVERS TO ANY LATEST SERVER SPECS OF YOUR CHOICE (I RECOMMEND IBM) RUNNING WINDOWS SERVER 2008 R2 STANDARD, THEN ALL OF YOUR DESKTOP COMPUTERS IS SURELY COMPATIBLE TO THIS SETUP. THATS ALL!
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by ronilo_tadlejr
    IN MY THINKING, YOU MAY UPGRADE YOUR SERVERS TO ANY LATEST SERVER SPECS OF YOUR CHOICE (I RECOMMEND IBM) RUNNING WINDOWS SERVER 2008 R2 STANDARD, THEN ALL OF YOUR DESKTOP COMPUTERS IS SURELY COMPATIBLE TO THIS SETUP. THATS ALL!
    Thank you I will try that.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo