1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Widows restarts, and i cant reinstall windows 7 >:(

could someone PLEASE help me, ive been having the same damn problem for two months and other people/forums havent even been bothered to help me so i thought id give this one a go, ok so my problem goes like this, when i start up my machine it get to the starting windows screen, then resets, so i tried reinstalling windows from a bootable disk, i thought that would solve the problem but no, i then get this error message when booting from DVD, 1. FD 1.44mb system type-(06), im running windows 7 on a packard bell machine any help to get this FINALLY fixed would mean the world to me as my machine as i said before has been down for 2 months!
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Well the error makes it sound like it's trying to boot from the Floppy drive, and not the DVD. Make sure you have the boot order set properly. Also, is it really a Packcard Bell? If it's that old, make sure it's actually using a DVD drive and not a CD drive (should say so on the front).

You can also disable automatic rebooting by pressing the F8 key repeatedly during the boot process; and selecting that option. This will allow you to see the error code that is causing the restart.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Smile

Before booting windows, try F8 - Safe Mode, or Recovery to run checkdisk of the C: drive. Try replacing the optical drive with new one (DVD) or external USB DVD, check your installation media disk for scrathes, or try new one. If you load the windows installer from the media, format the disk (you will lose everything on it) and make a fresh install. You can try reair optins as I said - checkdisk of the windows installation partition. Or on working machine try windows usb dvd tool - to make a USB installation boot drive. What is the exact model of your pc, and what are the specs?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo