1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Win2k Server + Firewall Software

Can anyone suggest a very good firewall package for windows 2000 server?

I want something like these Linux distro's where they take over the system but I understand that isn't going to happen on the windows platfrom, but something as close as possible.
    regards,

pgudge
  3. No Profile Picture

linksys router/firewall

or for more money a cisco router/firewall

or for way cheap a software firewall (like atguard, which can be found for free if you know where to look)
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

cheers vr6stress,

Went with WinRoute Pro from Kerio. Aamzing, installed Win2k Pro and service packed it, installed Winroute Pro Trial, and it was serving 6 win and 3 linux boxes as soon as I dialed up the modem.

I would highly recomend this setup, if you have to go windows based. I bought a PCI ADSL modem to play with but there is no linux support so that meant a no go for IpCop (linux firewall distro).

But I have seen IpCop and the arsehole distro (sorry Smoothwall) with the USB modem and all seems cool, but the WinRoute Pro and Win2kPo is great.

The only disadvantage of WinRoute is the web admin side, with linux firewalls you get no end of configuration options, with WinRoute you get two options, restart and something else, can;t rememeber.
    regards,

pgudge

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo