1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Windows 2000 Network GUI Problem

I have a rather strange problem. When I go Start -> Control Panel -> Network Connections and go look at the TCP/IP properties of any network, it always has the "Obtain IP address automatically" checked even though the IP is static for all network interfaces. When I type ipconfig /all, the same network interfaces have the static IPs I assigned listed. Yet, when I go back to the GUI screen, it still has the "Obtain IP address automatically" button checked. Any ideas as to why this might be happening? Thanks.
  3. They're coming to take me away

Originally Posted by Chameleon
    I have a rather strange problem. When I go Start -> Control Panel -> Network Connections and go look at the TCP/IP properties of any network, it always has the "Obtain IP address automatically" checked even though the IP is static for all network interfaces. When I type ipconfig /all, the same network interfaces have the static IPs I assigned listed. Yet, when I go back to the GUI screen, it still has the "Obtain IP address automatically" button checked. Any ideas as to why this might be happening? Thanks.
    How did you statically assign the IP address? Are you assigning it within the network connection interface?
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I assigned it using a VBScript. I used the EnableStatic() and EnableGateway() methods of the Win32_NetworkAdapterConfiguration class.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Stumpier old Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

My guess is there is some other setting you need to set from your script to get the gui to behave. But I have no clue what it might be.
    ======
    Doug G
    ======
    It is a truism of American politics that no man who can win an election deserves to. --Trevanian, from the novel Shibumi

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo