Thread: XP leakage?!!?

1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

XP leakage?!!?

i posted this at dells support site, but, no help........so i was wondering........ ::::

.im a running a music and file download program called soulseek, it was working fine for about a week or two,and i was leaving it on day and night and working perfectly!(even while i am running a game or any other software at the same time) and then now when i leave it on for about an hour( just by itself), it seems to gradually use up more and more page file usage(virtual memory) for no reason,increasing up and up and up until the system become unstable.... even if i am only downloading 1 song! or EVEN! if i am not downloading anything at all!!!!.if anyone has had similar problems to this please contact me via E-mail or on here...any tips of help would be very helpful to me and family......because they think it is all my fault!!!! ;-)

brianshuchuk@shaw.ca OR shoe1111@hotmail.com

please help
  3. No Profile Picture

and then now when i leave it on for about an hour
    Have you installed any programs/apps or made any major changes to your OS between the time your system performed ok and when it started to slow down?

When you open up Task Manager, look under the Processes tab, do u notice any of the processes taking up an inordinate amount of CPU/Memory usage? ...do these numbers gradually increase?
    Look under the Performance tab, describe what you see for PageFile Usage (disp. as PF Usage).

In addition, have you checked the website for Soulseek for any recent patches/downloads? Have you tried contacting the creators of this software and try to troubleshoot this problem with them (in finding out if this is an error with their software -- I doubt it, but it's worth a shot)?
    Soulseek Homepage
    Soulseek E-Mail

Also, I'm unsure how you have your pagefile configured and I don't know how much RAM you have (this info would be helpful)...but, I'd like you to Read this article as it will show you how to optimize your Pagefile for Maximum Performance and may end up solving your problem in the meantime.

Keep us posted.
  5. No Profile Picture

thanks thats helpful :-)

i re-installed the software, its seems fine now, that info was helpful thanks :-)
  7. No Profile Picture

No problem. Glad it's working ok now.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo