Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Arrow Is it possible to find out someones IP Through MSN messenger???

Hey, Umm i was wondering if its possible to somehow find someones IP address if you are talking through MSN messenger! Do i need a special program or can i find it out using some DOS code? Plz can u help me out? Im sorta learing DOS and i wanted to know that! any help will be appreciated!
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by westie01
    Hey, Umm i was wondering if its possible to somehow find someones IP address if you are talking through MSN messenger! Do i need a special program or can i find it out using some DOS code? Plz can u help me out? Im sorta learing DOS and i wanted to know that! any help will be appreciated!
    You shouldn't be able to unless MSN Messenger is really stupid for some reason. Why would you want to find someone's IP address anyway?
    Debian - because life's too short for worrying.
    Best. (Python.) IRC bot. ever.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

through MSN you'd need to make a direct connection by sending a file or something, and then looking for changes in the results from netstat.
  7. Only the strong survives!!.
    Devshed God 1st Plane (5500 - 5999 posts)

Originally Posted by westie01
    I dont think this is the propper place for this, but.. anyways before you make a direct connection with that person run netstat -a and dump all the netstat data in to a file, then after the direct connection you will do the same, then you will look for the new ip , but you might not have to do this.. you can just get a smiffer and sniff out the connections ip.. but heh, why do you want there ip for anyways?
  9. No Profile Picture

Li'lle help!!!

Hey, I'm pretty new to netstat as well as Dev Shed, and i was wondering if anyone could be slightly more specific about gettin the IP through msn? ?
    any help would be appreciated!
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by wintero
    Hey, I'm pretty new to netstat as well as Dev Shed, and i was wondering if anyone could be slightly more specific about gettin the IP through msn? ?
    any help would be appreciated!
    netstat is a windows command that you type in the command prompt and it returns a list of all the connections, in order to get someone's ip you would need to directly connect to them by sending them a file or something and then using netstat to look for the new connections
  13. Hello World :)
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

Lord was right, this isn't really the right place for this question so i've moved the thread "Windows Help". If you do actually want to use Python for interacting with MSN messenger then you should look at the MSNP project:

http://msnp.sourceforge.net/

or google for python and msn.

Mark.
    programming language development: www.netytan.com Hula

15. No Profile Picture

hey, i was wondering if u can tell me how i can get an IP address through msn messenger. My brother's msn account has been hacked and the hacker has been saying rude things to the people he has on his contact list. We are trying to find out the IP address of his/her computer so that we can report him/her. Are there any download add-ons that we could use to find his/her IP address or anything?? Any Help would be greatly appreciated
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

It won't do any good to report it, nothing will be done. I suggest starting a new account. I doubt Msn will do anything to the "hacker"
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

you've been had

Originally Posted by metallicat_1
    hey, i was wondering if u can tell me how i can get an IP address through msn messenger. My brother's msn account has been hacked and the hacker has been saying rude things to the people he has on his contact list. We are trying to find out the IP address of his/her computer so that we can report him/her. Are there any download add-ons that we could use to find his/her IP address or anything?? Any Help would be greatly appreciated
    Perhaps you could try to start a chat with the hacker. Then devise a method to direct connect and capture his ip address. Sincce i doubt anyone is going to do anything you could perhaps try to hack the hacker back

Note: Scan your computer with a virus scanner. A trojan was probably installed on your computer enabling the hacker to get you brothers username and password. Perhaps you can try to use netstat to gain the ip address of the hacker. (Look for anything suspiciou) That is if he is connected. Also look for wierd port numbefrrs that are open.
  21. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by littleo_
    Perhaps you could try to start a chat with the hacker. Then devise a method to direct connect and capture his ip address. Sincce i doubt anyone is going to do anything you could perhaps try to hack the hacker back

Note: Scan your computer with a virus scanner. A trojan was probably installed on your computer enabling the hacker to get you brothers username and password. Perhaps you can try to use netstat to gain the ip address of the hacker. (Look for anything suspiciou) That is if he is connected. Also look for wierd port numbefrrs that are open.

Perhaps you can try to use netstat to gain the ip address of the hacker. (Look for anything suspiciou) That is if he is connected. Also look for wierd port numbefrrs that are open.
    How do you get that and what do you do? This seems like a good program, that could come in handy.. Can you point me in the right direction?
  23. No Profile Picture

Smile finding an IP address

the best way is to go to start then run type in cmd and then type netstat this will alert you to all activity on your network, but the best idea is to start up another account with a new password and change it frequently
    Last edited by aitken325i; May 20th, 2006 at 02:54 AM. Reason: Removed text colour
  25. Type Cast Exception
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

This thread is over a year old and now we're blind.
    medialint.com

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” - Dr. Seuss
  27. No Profile Picture
    Grumpier old Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

I'm not blind but I couldn't read anthing in the fuzzy green junk
    ======
    Doug G
    ======
    Bartender to Rene Descartes "have another beer?" Descartes: "I think not" and he vanished.
    --Alfred Bester
  29. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Demi-God (4500 - 4999 posts)

(Oo;?(Let's call it "Blind Posting" or "Fuzzy Green"after this. For some strange reason, one of our old member have dug up a thread of 4 years ago, a bit ago.)

(^^;?(Doug. Do you remember the word "Necro Posting"?)
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo