Event Source: Userenv
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 1053
    Date: 2/15/2006
    Time: 7:22:19 AM
    User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
    Computer: myServer
    Description:
    Windows cannot determine the user or computer name. (The RPC server is unavailable. ). Group Policy processing aborted.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Event Type: Warning
    Event Source: EventSystem
    Event Category: (54)
    Event ID: 4353
    Date: 2/14/2006
    Time: 10:17:44 AM
    User: N/A
    Computer: myServer
    Description:
    The COM+ Event System attempted to fire the EventObjectChange::ChangedSubscription event but received a bad return code. HRESULT was 80040201.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Thanks!
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question

I ran the netdiag tool and in the attachment is the result. I also have sygate firewall turned on and windows SCW.
    Attached Files
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

my netbt.sys file was infected and antivirus deleted it. then just transferred a clean file from another sp3 system and worked fine after restart.

you might also want to try to slipstream a xp sp3 disk and then use the "SFC /scannow" command to fix missing system files.
    it might even work if you edit the default sp3 file locations in the registry and unpack sp3.exe with 7zip, but you prolly need a sp3 disk anyway... plus you can customize it, so you dont have to click the hell out of yourself after every clean install...

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo