1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Win Xp Install Problem

I had XP running on my system after installing as an upgrade from WIN98. I was having frequent OS freezes where I could not ctrl-alt-del out of of it so I formatted C: and tried a fresh install. It copies the files and it comes to a screen that says, "Windows XP cannot find the End Users Licensing Agreement (EULA) Windows can't continue to install. Hit F3 to quit." Any ideas on how to get past this. I even tried re-installing 98 and upgrading from there, but it froze a couple times and said it could not continue because something was missing, (catalog I think.)

System is an ABIT board running a Duron 750. Radeon 32MB Video, SB 5.1. It all worked (except for the freezes) with XP when I did the upgrade. I want to do a clean install, so if anyone can help get me past the 'No EULA' screen, I'd appreciate it.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed God 1st Plane (5500 - 5999 posts)

sounds like your cd or cdrom-drive is broken

2 different errors. both are file not found...
    you should check the cables and such.
    it is also possible that the source is something completely different: a virus, your cpu or mainboard getting too hot, your harddrive is broken and shortcuts the bus...

try to borrow another xp cd somewhere (since you have an original serial, you can legally install from this cd then i think...). if the problem persists, borrow a cd-rom. if it is still there, you know that the cd and cdrom are probably ok

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo