November 23rd, 2002, 09:13 AM
IPX doesn't work
I have a LAN where an ADSL modem is working as a hub. It works fine on the internet, and I am able
to browse the other pc through network neighbourhood. The problem is when I´m trying to play, my two
computers won´t find each other. I´ve reinstalled the IPX protocol. Any ideas ? I´ve been trying to
play RA2 and Starcraft.
My operating system is Windows 2000 Pro
Playing via TCP/IP works fine..
Fatal error on row 561: Couldn't access life - life isn't set
November 23rd, 2002, 04:13 PM
if i understand you correctly:
- your adsl-modem acts as a hub. (all pcs connected to the modem)
- a hub forwards ethernet packets. so you expect it to route IPX too (ok)
- your adsl-modem is a router (iso level 3=router, not 2=hub/switch!)
- it does not route IPX (i don´t know of any router that does)
- connect your machines to a "real" hub
- it will work then.
if you have further information about your "adsl-modem" (manufacturer, type no), maybe i could look up if it is a "router" or a "hub"...