1. Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

IIS / PHP / Win XP output problem

Hi,

I'm experiencing a strange problem on outputing some .php content on my local Win XP webserver.

After installing PHP 4.0.6, MySQL 1.4 and IIS 5.1 on my Windows XP local server, two things were outputing incorrectly:

1. When calling the PHP script from the localhost and looking at the source code, an "i" appears before the html tag, this is: i<html>

2. It also appears on the html page at the browser.

3. All European characters like "&aacute; &ccedil; &iacute;" for " " are printed im the page as strange characters.

When working and viewing the pages from the on-line server, the result looks okay, but locally, no way.

Looking at MySql tables the data is correct and the European characters are well stored.

Since I'm not sure what is causing this behaviour, I've tried to change some configs but nothing changed.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If a word can't save lives, silence may probably kill - Preventing suicide is your task to!...
  3. No Profile Picture
    <? phpStar() ?>

First of all you should upgrade to PHP 4.2x. There have been many fixes to the 4.0.6 distribution.

Second, your problem isn't due to WinXP/IIS, it has something to do with the php.ini in your systemroot. I recall reading a similar post at phpWebSite.appstate.edu [URL=http://phpMyWebsite.appstate.edu] There were a few additional config lines added to the php.ini file as well as changing a few flags. I sincerely hope this helps.
  5. Contributing User

Hi,

Thanks for your help. In fact, after upgrading (reeinstalling) PHP to 4.2 the problem didn't occur again.

Regards,

Mario
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If a word can't save lives, silence may probably kill - Preventing suicide is your task to!...

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo