1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

MacOSX + Win2k + WinME

Hi,

I'm thinking in buying a Mac PowerBook G4 1Ghz - 15.2" but I have a doubt about the network.

At the moment I have a network (no hub) with a Celeron 500 Mhz running win2k, and a p4 1.6Mhz running winME, sharing a cable internet connection.
    Will I be able to connect the powerbook, buying a hub, or sometin', and share the internet connection?
    Will I need specific software?

btw, what do you think about the Powerbook?

Sorry about the bad location of the post, but It doesnt seem to exist a mac section.

Thanks for reading/replying.
    Cheers,
    Simão Mata
    simao@bliter.com
  3. mod_dev_shed
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

If you get a router you should have no problem doing what you want as the router will handle sharing the cable connection. In theory, Windows internet connection sharing should also be able to handle this, but then again, in theory Windows works.

I recommend a NetGear router, but everybody has their good and bad experiences with just about any brand so I'm sure others will say someting else. I've had better experiences with a NetGear over a Linksys, but I'll leave that research up to you.

My experience with a PowerBook is limited, but I thought it was great.
    # Jeremy

Explain your problem instead of asking how to do what you decided was the solution.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo