1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Windows 2000 Crashes PHP and Apache

HI,

I have recently install Apache, PHP and MySQL on windows 2000 professional, but it seems that apache and php crash ALOT. Apache usually crashes if using PhpMyAdmin and doing functions such as flush table or edit a row.

PHP usually crashes if you run it from a command line.

I specifically wanted to run PHP from a command line as i have developed a mailing lists system which relies on this.

Does any one know any solutions?

Thanks in advance

Joel
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed God 1st Plane (5500 - 5999 posts)

use the "standard windows repair method": run "scandisk", if this does not help, download the most recent drivers for all your hardware and reinstall from scratch.

also check if maybe your hardware is getting too hot (ram, mainboard, cpu)
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

check www.php.net for a version that specifically states it is reliable in combination with apache. Make sure you install reliable builds of both that are known to be compatible.

The latest stable php version at one point was NOT compatible with the latest apache version at that time (as was stated in the php distribution readme)

make sure you download and install builds that are known to be compatible with another. Usually this means installing a slightly older version of apache. Or you could consider using a different webserver in combination with PHP/MySQL

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo