1. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

RDS Server Profiles

I'm migrating to new 2008 RDS servers from 2003 terminal servers and I'm running into a weird problem. When users log into the new servers, the servers aren't pulling their "remote desktop profile" over so they get a blank system like they have never logged in before. So we have to set up things like Outlook, shortcuts, favorites, etc all over again.

I'm also running into an issue where the printers aren't mapping with Easy Print. My thin clients users all have the correct version of .Net and RDP and it works for my test user. But actual production users don't seem to map printers...i don't get it.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

FYI - the profiles do not map. You have to start over and it uses a "v.2" profile since the 08 and 03 profile paths aren't compatible...big fat pain in the arse.

Also, MS had problems with the easy print documentation. They neglected (and their techs couldn't find it in 2 days of hunting with me for hours) that the "map client printers" option still has to be checked in the Environment tab of a user's Active Directory options. They don't mention it so I assumed it wasn't required.....big mistake. Their techs didn't even know that option existed....hm.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo