1. They're coming to take me away

Using single browser for multiple logins of same site

So... I've been using various browsers, and most of them seem to have some sort of issues:
    Here is the situation with the browsers I have used and issues I have had:
    Opera - Certain clicks for one part of the site doesn't do anything (Acts as if I havent even clicked the link)
    Internet Explorer 9 - Will lock up roughly 80% of the refreshes. Also Flash will lock up. Have to quite often close and reopen the browser.
    Firefox - Occasionally acts slow, but this is probably because I constantly have over 10 tabs open.
    Chrome - I hate Google for personal reasons, so would prefer not to need to use this if I can help it.
    Flock - Locked up a lot
    Safari - Can use decently
    Right now, I have IE, FF, Chrome, and sometimes 1 other browser open to log in to a site multiple times using various logins. One of the browsers (IE), I log out and log in with others as I use 3 logins in this browser... So all of this gets quite time consuming. So I'm wondering if there is a way to be able to log in to a site 6 times from the same browser... Didn't know if there was a way to allocate cookies to a per tab basis as opposed to a per browser basis. Maybe a plugin for Firefox or something. But I would prefer to have all 6 logins constantly connected as opposed to have to constantly change browsers, or log out and log back in, etc...

Anyone have any thoughts about this? Thanks in advance.

If it matters, I'm running Win 7 64 Ultimate.
    "I don't need to get a life. I'm a gamer. I have lots of lives!"
  3. Automagically Delicious
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Does it matter which browser you are using? I have a feeling that if there is a solution one browser may have it while others do not.
    Adam TT
  5. They're coming to take me away

Originally Posted by AdamPI
    Does it matter which browser you are using? I have a feeling that if there is a solution one browser may have it while others do not.
    Preferably Firefox, as this and Chrome are the only 2 browsers that, for the most part, seem to work for the site without problem (FF is slow, but still works). And I want to stay away from Chrome if I can. I guess if Chrome does have the feature, I may consider it if FF doesn't.

Or if you know of any other good browsers, I'm open to suggestions... (IE, Opera, and Flock don't work flawlessly, so would rather not use these)
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

i think this is what you want... CookiePie

this site may help, too MultipleLoginsToSameSite

Comments on this post

• hiker agrees : Thank you! :)
    Last edited by DonR; November 16th, 2011 at 12:43 PM.
  9. They're coming to take me away

Originally Posted by DonR
    i think this is what you want... CookiePie

this site may help, too MultipleLoginsToSameSite
    Seems Cookiepie isn't compatible with firefox 4+.. (I have 4 as I haven't wanted to update it yet). But in searching for an up to date version of cookiepie, someone mentioned multifox. I'll give that a try...

Thanks for the reply.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Grumpier old Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Also it doesn't look to me like cookie pie would work unless your sites are using application authentication If you have .htaccess protected sites that cause the browser to prompt for authentication just to visit the site, browsers will internally store the authentication credentials until you close the browser and then re-open it.

In firefox you can clear active logins which will then cause the web server to re-authenticate on the next visit by the same browser.
    ======
    Doug G
    ======
    The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them.
    --Mark Twain

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo