1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Photo Story 3 will not save

I am using Photo Story 3 in a computer lab setting. All computers are running Windows XP and are on a network. These computers have been using PS3 in the past without problem.

Yesterday, 5 computers could not "Save Project". 5 computers worked just fine. I have not tried all 25 computers, but something seems to be a bit of a pattern. Has anyone encountered this problem, or does anyone have a suggestion? I am not sure it is actually the software's problem. Perhaps it is a server problem.

This is what happens when you try to save. There is a button that says "Save Project" You click it and that window will kind of flicker, but will not bring up a new window to choose where to save it. If you then try to cancel and get out of the program, it brings up a window that asks you if you want to save the project, if you click yes, same thing, the window kind of flickers but no new window appears.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

ADDENDUM - There are two ways to save a project with PS3. One saves it as the project so you can go in and make edits, and then you can save it for viewing on your computer, by creating a wmv file. I checked to see if it would save as a wmv and it does normally.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Update on saving the file. We think it was a network problem due to where students had access to save files. The computers were programmed to only be able to save to a certain place. The IT person changed that and we are no longer having that problem, the file can be saved to a thumb drive, which what we were trying to do.

Comments on this post

• AdamPI agrees : Thanks for the follow-up.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo