1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Revocer personal files

hi guys, does anyone knows how to recover some personal data files that i have deleted accidentally ?

I've used kroll ontrack & pc tools without recovering all my lost files.
    kroll ontrack recovered a lot but the most of them are corrupted.

any idea??

thanks
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

If you've gone through Kroll Ontrack, and they can't get it back, it's highly unlikely you'll be able to recover it another way. That company is very good (no I don't work for them) at recovering data, and if they can't get it, it's probably lost. You can try GetDataBack for NTFS/FAT. The free demo will show you what you can get back.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I will give it a try. But do you know if i can do anything about those corrupted files (images)?

thanks

Originally Posted by seack79
    If you've gone through Kroll Ontrack, and they can't get it back, it's highly unlikely you'll be able to recover it another way. That company is very good (no I don't work for them) at recovering data, and if they can't get it, it's probably lost. You can try GetDataBack for NTFS/FAT. The free demo will show you what you can get back.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

You can try GetDataBack and see if that will find the file for you. Not to sure where you'd go if the file itself is corrupted. Did OnTrack say exactly what was wrong with the files? Sounds like when you deleted them the OS may have already began writing over that spot on the hard drive where the file was located. If that's the case, it's probably gone.
  9. They're coming to take me away

Also keep in mind that I have used some recovery software that will recover files, but may need you to rename the extension (For example, cmd.ex_ may be a recovered file). You would need to change .ex_ to .exe.

I've never used Kroll Ontrack, so not sure how they do things. How is the file corrupt exactly?
    "I don't need to get a life. I'm a gamer. I have lots of lives!"
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I don't really know, just when i tried to open the some of the files, i couldn't with any program. basically i was looking only for photos and the extension was correct .jpg or .jpeg or .png.
    I tried windows photo viewer, photoshop, live photo viewer but i was unlucky i couldn't open them

Originally Posted by hiker
    Also keep in mind that I have used some recovery software that will recover files, but may need you to rename the extension (For example, cmd.ex_ may be a recovered file). You would need to change .ex_ to .exe.

I've never used Kroll Ontrack, so not sure how they do things. How is the file corrupt exactly?
  13. No Profile Picture

Hi

Originally Posted by andreas.london
    hi guys, does anyone knows how to recover some personal data files that i have deleted accidentally ?

I've used kroll ontrack & pc tools without recovering all my lost files.
    kroll ontrack recovered a lot but the most of them are corrupted.

any idea??

thanks
    Try to do it from the auto recovery option from Start menu -> accessory -> maintenance and select the before date when you delete the stuff and try, I tried before and its working
  15. No Profile Picture

Go for system restore to a previous time or date and you can recover your all accidental files in a matter of minutes.
  17. No Profile Picture

If a recovered file is corrupted it means that while the file was still deleted, you wrote something to the drive, and it ended up in some of the sectors of that file. The original data is overwritten. If it's valuable enough, it can possibly (no guarantee) be recovered using a scanning electron microscope in a lab. But we're talking 5 or 6 digits in US dollars. If the files aren't worth that much, consider this a good lesson - any data you don't have backed up on at least 2 devices is data you don't need.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo