1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Run FtpUse in the background

I have downloaded FtpUse to map a ftp connection as a drive on my machine. It works, but I would like it to auto start and run in the background.

I created a batch file with the following command, then added a shortcut to "All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup"

Code:
    ftpuse x: ftp.server.com/path/to/folder PASSWORD /USER:username
    The above code works, but there is always a window. I changed the shortcut to minimize, but I want no window - not even minimized.

I added "start /b" and just "/b", but I think that the command starts and once the command window closes the process stops.

Does anyone have any idea on how to run this in the background?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

I think in this instance, you can use RunHiddenConsole in front of your ftpuse program to do what you are wanting.

Extract the RunHiddenConsole.exe file in same folder as your ftpuse.exe file..and change the batch file to include full paths to each of the EXE files, such as:
    Code:
    X:\path\to\RunHiddenConsole.exe X:\path\to\ftpuse.exe x: ftp.server.com/path/to/folder PASSWORD /USER:username
    where capital X: is drive letter where the folder is located [normally C: ].

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo