1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

NO SOUND/AUDIO on PC/WINDOW7

This computer desktop is a little over a year old, and I'd come across an odd problem. It says in the control panel that the sound is operating properly, the sound card or sound option via Windows possibly, yet there is no sound whether through speakers or even headphone jack, no audio at all?! Haven't been able to find help from Windows and can't locate a help by web chat, probably no longer covered by costumer support under the pc manufacturer or company. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank You

???
    Last edited by redface!; January 17th, 2013 at 01:44 PM. Reason: NEWBIE 'READ FIRST'
  3. No Profile Picture

adding info

A couple months back, when this problem first accured, I went through a series of steps to fix prob. 'the help' option on Windows7 guided me through a series of things which turn out useless. Oddly, not only does it say it is fine and working properly, nor is 'disabled'; but actually shows through the visual represention on computer and on the control panel the fluctuating volume degree?! Maybe the sound card is completely ruin and therefore not a problem at all with Windows directly. Could very well have posted this in the wrong place having confused the windows operating sounds options? You'd think if the sound card was completely broken somehow the computer itself could spot this and notify the user?
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

If you open Control Pane>Sound>is the device you want to use set as the default playback device? You've verified the cables are all plugged in properly? I think by default the green audio jack on the back is default; but your audio program should tell you that.

If it is, what is the mfg/model of your computer?
  7. No Profile Picture

My computer desk is a bit old, when I initually set everything up all I had was the tiny speakers on the lcd monitor, still haven'y hooked in the 2.1 on my computer. this old computer desk is big and odd. It has holes on the back for connecting wires, it is so set up with short wires that I cannot remove the pc tower itself very easily, this is why I've put it off. It does have the back audio as default. Don't know if this is at all relevant, but after checking the what is Windows Driver, 'high defintion audio device', it has all up to date installations in 'driver', and says it is working properly.

Not even sure if the monitor speakers are still pluged into the back, after trying to fix prior. I simply assumed the problem still exists because the HEADPHONE JACK in front is still silent, also with no sound?
  9. No Profile Picture

As far as computer company maker, it says 'zt' lower case in square as logo. It has a somewhat higher end AMD processor, even 6gb ram. It was purchase at Sear with a Microsoft Office bundle.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Hmmm, you may have to tell Windows which jack to send audio too; been a while since I've messed with any sounds issues in Windows. To "reset" things you may want to try uninstalling the sound driver (might be an option in Program Features) and re-installing the latest driver from the MFG.
    Last edited by seack79; January 19th, 2013 at 03:17 PM.
  13. No Profile Picture

Thanks for the recommendations, I'll try them with crossed fingers.
  15. No Profile Picture

Just to update, I did as you said. When I installed the driver it automatically replaced the other nonfunctioning or noncompatible driver. I now have audio, much thanks, you were a big help.
  17. No Profile Picture

I had problem with sound. I recommend to download everest program to see what drivers do you need for pc and then install needed drivers.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo