1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

My computer hangs at startup

hi i am using dell Inspiron desktop with core i3 ,4 GB RAM.I use Kasper-sky 2012 as an antivirus.But my computer hangs at start-up.It completely freezes and nothing works.
    even [ctrl+alt+del] doesn't work.After few minutes it comes back to normal.So wired! .and there is no work for i3 and 4 GB RAM.Anybody help me
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Is it hanging like at the Dell screen? I did this with a neighbor's computer the other day and it worked. You need to totally disconnect the power supply. Since you have a desktop, pull the power cord out of the back. Then go to the power on button and hold it for like 8 seconds, that will get everything out of the capacitor. Wait about 2 to 3 minutes and then turn it back on. If it works, it is just what you would call an overload of the electronics and you need to clear it, something similar to what you need to do sometimes with your modem/router. Hope that works, if not, you need to give more information.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Sorry, wrong thread.
    Last edited by cea; July 30th, 2013 at 05:53 PM.
  7. No Profile Picture

IT is not because of the power problem.i can log on to my desktop and after few minutes kaspersky internet security turns on and asks for me to activate.when i close it and open my computer it hangs.after few minutes it becomes normal.but i dont know the reason why it hangs
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Don't close out of that window and try running a scan. Or second, are you able to look at your startup menu in msconfig?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo