1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Looking for someone with Outlook Express and Gmail

I know I am off just one setting. If you have a gmail address and are currently using Outlook Express and it is working, please help me out. I can send email, but not receive. I have done pretty much what I have read in other forums and not sure why it isn't working. If you could possibly tell me what you have for each page, General, servers and Advanced, that would be helpful.

Also every time you try to do anything in OE, it asks for the password, it will not retain it. You can go back into settings and the password is gone, even though the box to remember password is checked. This computer is a recent reinstall and actually even when the computer was brand new, it required the log in every time. I always thought something got corrupted, but upon just starting OE, it is doing the same thing right from the get-go. I wonder if it is a bad file. I use OE and have never had that problem. Perhaps there is just a file that needs to be replaced.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Are you using multi-factor authentication with your Google account?
    PHP FAQ

Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Solved. I had followed settings for Gmail that I had found on a website. That site had suggested using 993 for the incoming (SSL). I changed it to 995 instead and it worked fine.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo