1. No Profile Picture
    Grumpier old Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

It's official. I hate Windows 10!!

Windows 10 seems to be a large step backwards for Microsoft.

The way system updates are handled in windows 10 is unacceptable.

Constant 'calling home' with so-called telemetry data is unacceptable.

I'm happy that linux desktops are becoming pretty usable, because after 30 years of supporting Microsoft products, being an action pack subscriber for many years, and being generally satisfied with dos and windows, I just decided today to focus on a complete transition to linux only. For many years I've used windows and linux side-by-side, so if I can make the transition out of quickbooks I believe I can do everything I need to do on linux.

The straw that broke my back was when I sat down to use my w10 laptop to browse forums, but some un-asked for windows update started and ran for over 30 minutes with multiple reboots, so I guess it was some major upgrade. Pissed me off, and now only when I can say bye-bye Microsoft I will be happy. I also just decided I'll never again purchase windows 10. I'll just get 'recent' stuff used and install linux.

I should sign this "upset former Microsoft supporter"!
    ======
    Doug G
    ======
    I've never been able to appreciate the sublime arrogance of folks who feel they were put on earth just to save other folks from themselves .." - Donald Hamilton
  3. Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I think that you're not the only one. Had to re-install windows 10 au twice. First one was via the Update, which knocked out the Windows Update, then I had to re-install it again

On my pro version, system restore isn't working, with all the activated software, I believe they are in league with major software developers to do this. Windows 10 is the worst even by Vista standards
  5. No Profile Picture

I do not like Windows 10. the more they try to protect the system from break-ins, and users had less control of it, the worse they do. I've never tried linaks. a must try for the sake of interest. and it installed all programs as well as on Microsoft?
  7. No Profile Picture

that makes two of us.i had that problem and i re installed windows 10 twice,but every other features are good except this updating problem
    they keep on adding updates to new windows.so i started dual booting and i find Ubuntu so easy

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo