1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question

I am trying to follow the above mentioned article/introduction found on www.devshed.com.

I got in trouble with installing tomcat on my windows me machine. As far as I know you can install tomcat as a standalone container on 95/98, and so I assume it works on me as well.

But when running startup.bat there is the message "out of enviroment space" comming up.I did set the JAVA-HOME and TOMCAT_HOME under the enviroment tag in the system configuration utilities and I can't see what's going wrong.
    Apparently the startup.bat is called and the server starts (at least an other dos window opens for a second) but when typing http://localhost:8080 the message "can't display page" appears.
    Has anybody tried the same the same thing and could give me some advice?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

You'll run into the same problem on Win9x machines, but not NT (I just installed Tomcat on my Win98 machine last week!) I don't know specifically about WinME, but I'll assume it is the same problem.

Open a DOS window. Right click on the DOS icon at the top left of the window. Click on the "Memory" tab. Change the "Initial environment" to 4096.

Then run your batch file from the DOS window and it should work.

This is what I did... now to start Tomcat I open a DOS window and then run my batch file (which sets up the CLASSPATH and that kind of stuff and then runs bin\startup.)

Hope this helps,

Joel
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Question Cocoon samples problem

I originally ran into this problem with Tomcat, but figured out how to solve it after digging into the Internet for answers. I got past that part, but now I have hit another wall.

When I try to run the Cocoon examples, I get a message that says:

Publishing Engine could not be initialized.
    java.lang.RuntimeException: Exception when creating " org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPProcessor" :
    java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: See http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/faqs.html#faq-normalize

and so on...

I installed Tomcat/Cocoon the way the article said to. Does anyone know what this message means and what I can do to run the Cocoon samples?

Thanks in Advance!
    Edgar Castanedo

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo