1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

looking for Standard/library to encrypt xml messages

Hi there!

Is there any standard or library to encrypt xml messages to exchange between two systems?
    It should allow to encrypt specific elements inside XML (e.g. user password). Also the target system should be able to decrypt it

It should be something similar to WS-security, but it should work with non-SOAP XML

Does anyone know any standards or libraries?

Thanks,
    W
  3. Lazy Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

You could simply encrypt it as text.

To encrypt something within the XML you'll have to rely upon a certain schema so that both systems know how the encryption works. What that is depends on the nature of your XML.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by requinix
    You could simply encrypt it as text.

To encrypt something within the XML you'll have to rely upon a certain schema so that both systems know how the encryption works. What that is depends on the nature of your XML.
    yes, I agree. But can I specify in the schema that some elements contains encrypted text? hopefull there are some standard or libraries that supports it? like in WS-security for SOAP I can specify what would be encrypted and how. But in my case I don't have SOAP but plain XML
  7. Lazy Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

There is no built-in mechanism in mere XML that does encryption. If you want encryption then you need to configure your application so that it knows how to deal with encryption.

Everything depends on the nature of your XML. Which you haven't explained yet. You keep saying it isn't SOAP, which is cool and all, but that doesn't say what it is.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo