Thread: scripting

1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I have for some time, been trying to set up my windows 98 system to begin experimentation with perl scripting. Up to this point they have been meager and unsuccessful attempts. The process has been very confusing. When I type the sample program and save it with a .pl extension an perl command screen appears briefly then disappers. I have virtually given up. Then I started researching windows script host, and was wondering if this can solve my dilemma. Can anyone lend advice, it will be greatly appreciated.

Comments on this post

• Gran Roguismo agrees
  3. Coder
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cprice:
    I have for some time, been trying to set up my windows 98 system to begin experimentation with perl scripting. Up to this point they have been meager and unsuccessful attempts. The process has been very confusing. When I type the sample program and save it with a .pl extension an perl command screen appears briefly then disappers. I have virtually given up. Then I started researching windows script host, and was wondering if this can solve my dilemma. Can anyone lend advice, it will be greatly appreciated.[/quote]

For Perl, load a command prompt (Start > Run > command). Make sure that the Perl bin directory (oh this is Windows, folder) is in the PATH. Then fire of the scripts by hand.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica">code:</font><HR><pre>c:myScripts > perl myFirstScript.pl[/code]

Comments on this post

• Gran Roguismo agrees

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo