1. No Profile Picture
    Do you like PHP like ME?
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

understanding XML

understanding XML is one thing... but implementing it is quite another. I look at XML and XSLT and get headaches. I mean, they seam to be trying to make it impossible to understand. Does anyone know of any XML-XSLT tutorials that actually teach you the language? I'm not talking about articles that teach you certain functions, I mean tutorials that take you from ground 0 and teach you the language step by step so you can actually get the concept. I want to be sure to know the languages when people start making you have to know them to get the job you want.
    You know your a web programmer when you see a '$' and think of PHP rather than money.
  3. No Profile Picture
    The Architect

i am not sure about finding complete tutorials Online, but you might want to checc out the following sites: ( i know that they have ample info. && tutorials. )

xmlhack.com
    xml.xom
    xml.org
    oasis.org ( also has developer mailing list that provides mega-information - some quite profound. )
    xmlperl.com

Hope this helps some.
  5. No Profile Picture

7. No Profile Picture

A book that I found helpful starting out was "XML for the World Wide Web" by Elizabeth Castro. It's a book and so not online but it did help me get started in using XML / XSLT for the app we were creating.
  9. No Profile Picture

Question

Hey chap,
    please can you tell us the address of that one so that we can read it as you ?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo