1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

vodafone XML config

Hey guys, have a question regarding the Vodafone LCD routers, not sure of make and model but its the big while one with the LCD screen and touch buttons.

I have exported the config and have tried making changes to the XML, then re importing it. For example.

Code:
    <ParameterValueStruct>
                    <Name>InternetGatewayDevice.X_JUNGO_COM_Security.Firewall.DMZ.Enable</Name>
                    <Value xsi:type="xsd:boolean">false</Value>
                </ParameterValueStruct>
                <ParameterValueStruct>
                    <Name>InternetGatewayDevice.X_JUNGO_COM_Security.Firewall.DMZ.Host</Name>
                    <Value xsi:type="xsd:string">0.0.0.0</Value>
                </ParameterValueStruct>

Changed to...

Code:
    <ParameterValueStruct>
                    <Name>InternetGatewayDevice.X_JUNGO_COM_Security.Firewall.DMZ.Enable</Name>
                    <Value xsi:type="xsd:boolean">true</Value>
                </ParameterValueStruct>
                <ParameterValueStruct>
                    <Name>InternetGatewayDevice.X_JUNGO_COM_Security.Firewall.DMZ.Host</Name>
                    <Value xsi:type="xsd:string">192.168.1.254</Value>
                </ParameterValueStruct>
    I though with re uploading this config, I would now have DMZ enable to the host specified but after uploading and refreshing, clearing cache no changes.

Anyone know if any encryption takes place here? Also are all passwords saved in this XML encrypted?

Thanks!
  3. Maddening Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Have you also tried restarting?

And I take it there's no way to change the DMZ settings from within the GUI?
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by requinix
    Have you also tried restarting?

And I take it there's no way to change the DMZ settings from within the GUI?
    Thanks for the reply. Have tried and rebooted with no luck. I can do it via GUI but need to be able to do it from CLI.

Quick storey, I think my router at home has been exploited, I have port 6699 open and no DMZ or port forwarding setup. The info on this port does t look too flash. Also with these things out of the box with no username or password, would be pretty easy just to pass a new XML to the router, which is what I think has happened. However a full default of the router has the same result, port 6666 open. Also has some weird stuff with DNS happening lately such as unusual caching and weird resolving, so I'm doing some testing myself.

Made the change, uploaded new config, rebooted and no change. However when uploading the config I get this error (image attached)

Thanks again.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by onlinegamesnz; August 25th, 2015 at 06:33 AM.
  7. Maddening Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

You have UPnP enabled. That can trigger port forwarding and it may not show under a "port forwards" list (my router doesn't show it, for instance). Disable that, reboot the router, and see if those ports remain open. If not then it could mean the problem is with a computer behind the router.

Otherwise, is there firmware available online? If you think the device was compromised then I would try to download whatever the current firmware is, disconnect the router from the internet, and flash the new firmware. Then configure everything appropriately before reconnecting.
    But I would find it odd that the router configuration is accessible from the outside - that's a stupid thing for them to program in.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo